Community Center (CC) Proposal:
Since we are leaving around 10 acres of space (green blocks) for future development, I thought IF we have time, then we should work together on building a community center (light purple) that would have a restaurant, grocery/department store, pharmacist, auditorium and other facilities that the community could share as a whole. The grocery store could also sell organic farm produce from within the village itself. It would be placed near the main parking lot and is walking distance from the school and hospital. The undeveloped areas (green) are most likely to be developed into a residential area which also makes it conveniently located.
Modified Main Road Map
Aim: Discourage vehicles by having very few main roads and more pedestrian lanes and bicycle paths.
- There are two main roads, one that goes to the hospital and another that goes directly to the school.
- I removed the main roads from around the school so that there is less noise/pollution and is safer for the autistic children. Main roads around the hospital have also been removed for the same reasons.
- A smaller road (50ft) connect the farm to the potential CC so farm produce can be sold at the grocery store.
- The same road also connects the school to the therapy center (purple) and CC.
- The main road from Gate 2 branches off to a 50 ft road that connects the residential area to the school and the aqua and equestrian therapy area.
- Parallel to that there is a 50 ft road going through the city center that is strategically placed for further development and contraction vehicles.
- These main roads will break off into smaller branches and bicycle paths for convenience.
* smaller parking area will be needed for the school
* hospital and potential CC share main parking lot* residential group has to allocate land for the main roads (since you guys have 6 acres)